Tutorials & FAQs (http://tinyurl.com/gethelpsb)
BLACKBOARD WEBSITE HELP
- QuickGuide - Editing District/Site Websites in Blackboard Web Communication Manager (WCM)
- (Admins) Guide to Sending "Blackboard Mobile App" Push Notifications
- "Take-Home Devices FAQ" for Teachers (4th-6th grades)
- Mobile Device Handbook (for 4th-6th Grade Students & Teachers) - (Spanish version)
- Chromebook Troubleshooting QuickTips -- tinyurl.com/cb-quicktips
- Happy Chromebooks Tips for the Classroom -- tinyurl.com/1happycb
- Chromebook - Clearing the Browser Cache -- tinyurl.com/1cache
- Recommended Setup for Chromebook Printing -- tinyurl.com/print-sb-cb
- Modifying AdBlock Settings & Restrictions (Chrome Browser) -- tinyurl.com/adblock-sb
- Projecting Both Video & Sound from a Chromebook to Existing Projectors
- Screenshots Sharing on Chromebooks
- Email Malware Safety Practices (avoiding viruses, malware, etc.)
- Exchange/ActiveSync - iPhone/iOS email setup suggestions
- Exchange/ActiveSync - Android email setup suggestions
- Outlook Client - Sharing Calendars (read-only or full edit)
- Outlook Webmail - Adding a Calendar
- Outlook Client - Working With Shared Calendars
- Outlook Webmail - Working With Shared Calendars
- Outlook Webmail - Using "Scheduling Assistant" To Create Meetings/Appointments
- Outlook Client - Exporting contacts
- Outlook Client - Modify Site Master Contact Groups (Designees Only)
GRADEBOOK SOFTWARE & SERVICES
- INFORMACAST FOR EMERGENCY ALARMS/SIGNALS: Modernized Schools
- Making Announcements to Ed Center Phones' Speakers
- Lanschool Setup Instructions for Teachers -- tinyurl.com/sblanschool
- LanSchool Usage Demo Video (SBUSD) (Old LanSchool Setup Video)
MICROSOFT OFFICE HELP
OPRA WORK ORDERS
PHONES (CISCO IP)
- Windows - Set Up Printing to the School Xerox Copier
- For School HP Printer issues, note the label ID and email MRC Support with the printer ID#:
- Promethean Equipment Overview
- *Calibrating Your Pen and Promethean Board*
- Epson 530 Projector - Buttons & Functions
- Guidelines for South Bay Flipchart Curriculum Writers
- How To Register ActivExpression
- How To Register ActiVote
- How To Desktop Annotate Using ELMO TT-02RX
- How To Desktop Annotate Using ELMO TT-02S
- Getting Started With Renaissance Place
- Getting Started With Accelerated Reader
- Getting Started With STAR Reading
- How To Log Into Renaissance Place and Print a Student List With Passwords
- Windows - Backing Up & Restoring Files using the U: Drive (SBUSD)
- Windows - Clearing the Browser Cache -- tinyurl.com/1cache
- Windows - Using Extended Desktop Projection Mode (CLICK HERE)
- Windows - Projecting Both Video & Sound from a Newer Laptop to Existing Projectors
- Windows - Install Published Applications
- Windows - Install AdBlock for Google Chrome to remove Pop-up Advertisements (VIDEO)
- Windows - Show Location of Mouse Pointer during Instruction (Emphasis & Visibility)
- Windows - Pinning Shortcuts to Favorite Programs onto the Taskbar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I back up my own data files to a safe location and later retrieve them?
A: Please click here to review a step-by-step video tutorial for backing up your data to the District U: drive storage. Or, click here to access a QuickGuide document for backing up to the U: drive.
My computer or other technology does not work, what do I do?
Please submit an OPRA work order with sufficient details. The Tech Dept will get to the issue as soon as possible.
How can I submit a technical assistance work request/work order (through the OPRA work order system)
How do I clean a laptop (particularly for student laptops)?
- Do I qualify for any school employee discounts for personal technology or telecommunications (cell phone, cellular, wireless services)?
Yes, school employees qualify for various such phone & network discounts: Cellular & Mobile Internet discounts
Why can’t I just run updates or install software or printers that I know are harmless by myself – why do I have to wait for a District technician to do every minor thing on my District computer?
May we play videos and audio recordings in our classes and at our schools without express copyright-holder permissions?
Click here for SBUSD-specific information on public school 'playing' or 'performing' video or audio works. The same basic rules apply to audio as they do to video works.You can also find further details and information at this resource site.
- Must a teacher get parental permission for student accounts to be generated and used to access online resources and websites?
- Where can I find teacher-focused online learning resources for developing my abilities to use and integrate technology effectively in my classroom?
A: Click here for some great resources for developing educational technology capacity in your classroom
- I am moving classrooms and/or school sites, do I need to turn in my laptop?
Please check in with your front office. You usually can keep your current laptop after notifying the District Inventory department (Purchasing) of the change in equipment location. However, all other equipment will need to stay.
- How do I Request to whitelist a website (to allow viewing for students or staff)?
Submit an email to the Assistant Superintendent of Ed Leadership to review the site and make a recommendation. Email should include the educational rationale for opening access as well as details as to whether any objectionable material can also be found there.
- How do I connect a Chromebook (such as the Samsung Chromebook) to a projector?
Please see this QuickGuide for connecting the Samsung Chromebooks (or others) to the projector, including tips on mirroring the screens and controlling audio/sound output.